Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake donuts!


Well I woke up and had several trays of fresh picked strawberries from the garden so I figured I needed to find a way to  use them in breakfast.  So this is what I came up with and they were delish.

First I got a box of Yellow cake mix from the pantry. I used a No Sugar added mix because my hubby is a diabetic but any yellow cake mix will work.
I mixed it according to the box directions and then started to cut up strawberries into pieces the size of small blue berries and threw them in.

then I put the batter in my baby cakes mini donut maker but you could also use a donut pan in a 375 degree oven regular donuts for 15 min or mini donuts for 8 min.
after they are fluffy and slightly brown I put them on a plate to cool. While they cool I made a frosting/ glaze mine was more of a glaze but if you add more powdered sugar to make is a frosting would be yummy too.

Glaze

1/4 C softened butter
4 Tbs milk
1 tsp almond extract
3 strawberry finely chopped
3-4 C powdered sugar

beat the butter, extract and milk together and then slowly add the powdered sugar until it is glaze or frosting consistency depending on your preference. Add the strawberries and beat about 1 min longer to allow the strawberries to break down alittle.


Now it is time to either frost your donut or dip them in the glaze.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment